Friday, October 16, 2015

About

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife and a mother. I am a college graduate who loves animals and the outdoors. I am also a rape survivor. I struggle everyday to heal the wounds inflicted by the criminal, malicious and evil trauma I sustained.

When I was raped I didn't know what to do, where to go or even the proper definitions for what occurred. I want to do whatever I can so that others know what to do, where to go and the true definitions of sexual crimes. So much in our society that is considered normal and acceptable, is not. Your body is yours. You have the God given right to make your choices and to change your mind.

As the SVU Detective, who assisted me, said "Anytime anyone forces you to do something you don't want to do, it's a crime. And when it comes to sex, it's rape."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to publish or not publish comments based on its tone or content. We can all be kind while being honest.