Sunday, November 22, 2015

Song Suggestion: Blessings by Laura Story

 

At church last Sunday I got there a few minutes early. I heard my wonderful friend rehearse this song "Blessings" by Laura Story with her husband. Then I got to hear it as part of our Sacrament service. This song touched my heart and brought a smile to my face. By validating my feelings and having understanding to my pain, I felt peace - I am seen, I am loved and I find hope.

My favorite lyrics:
When friends betray us, when darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?

And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?

What songs bring you peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to publish or not publish comments based on its tone or content. We can all be kind while being honest.