Saturday, November 21, 2015

Talk Suggestion: An High Priest of Good Things to Come by Jeffrey R. Holland

(image borrowed from lds.org)

Whenever Elder Holland speaks I am filled with peace and love. The Spirit touches me and I know that what he says is true. There were several statements that he made in this talk that spoke to me and touched my heart. Things I needed to hear to continue on with hope. 

Here are my favorite quotes:
- "Every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better. Moroni spoke of it in the Book of Mormon as 'hope for a better world.' 2 For emotional health and spiritual stamina, everyone needs to be able to look forward to some respite, to something pleasant and renewing and hopeful, whether that blessing be near at hand or still some distance ahead. It is enough just to know we can get there, that however measured or far away, there is the promise of 'good things to come.' "
- "To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His 'more excellent ministry' with a future of 'better promises.' He is your 'high priest of good things to come.' "
- " I testify that ... They sustain us in our hour of need—and always will, even if we cannot recognize that intervention. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. "



Did you watch the video? What touched you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to publish or not publish comments based on its tone or content. We can all be kind while being honest.