Sunday, November 8, 2015

Song Suggestion: Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song) by Amy Grant

As I started to really deal with the aftermath of my rape head on I felt completely alone. I felt doomed to a life of misery and utterly broken. One day I heard "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant and the words touched me as they never had before ...

"I am waiting in a silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone
Be with me now
Be with me now
Breath of heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of heaven
Breath of heaven
Lighten my darkness
Pour over me your holiness
For you are holy
Breath of heaven"
This song gives me strength when I have none. It reminds me I am not alone and that through a simple prayer I can feel my Heavenly Father's love. It's truth always touches my heart as few songs can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to publish or not publish comments based on its tone or content. We can all be kind while being honest.